Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My First (real) Mothers Day

This was me last year about this time...
a mother but not quite "hands on" yet. (Yep, the countdown is on! Alex was born a few days after Mothers Day. His birthday is Wednesday!)

This is this year! Oh what a happy day! Travis is such a wonderful hubby and took care of Alex in the morning so I could sleep in. I didn't realize it but he took him to HEB to get me flowers and donuts for breakfast. My fave! What a couple of sweethearts! He even put Alex in his I love Mommy shirt...melt my heart! :)

We had a nice relaxing day around the house.
We put together Alex's birthday present- the Kangaroo Climber! I think maybe I was more excited about it than he was. After we made him go down the slide :) he realized that it was cool.

I think Alex decided his gift to me for Mothers Day would be that he took a great nap so that Travis and I could lay out in the backyard. It was sooo nice! I needed some sun badly and the break! It was fabulous!!
We did a little shopping and headed out for dinner in the evening! A perfect day with my boys!
Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there! Hope you had a wonderful day and felt the love and appreciation you deserve!

1 comment:

shalonda said...

awwww happy 2nd mothers day hun! i love that T put alex in that shirt such a thoughtful detail!