Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sew Sweet

I have been wanting a sewing machine for a long time and have had dreams of becoming some kind of Martha Stewart "whipping up" (isnt that what the pros say) curtains and "play clothes" or something?, and so I finally got one for Christmas this year. I was pumped when I opened it... and it has been collecting dust, still in the box, ever since... till yesterday. Big surprise, right? Well, my sweet mother, knowing me well, offered to come up and help me get started. Sewing 101 with mom - sign me up! I was so thankful and we had so much fun figuring it all out! Jo came over too and had lunch with us. She was the "babysitter" so that we could work. She had no such interest in learning to sew. Well, lesson 1 went well but I know that I won't be whipping anything up, anytime soon. Many many more lessons are needed.

We did manage to do more that thread the machine- which was a majority of the first lesson. :) Our first project- a necktie onesie. I can't say that I did much but cut the fabric - Mom did the sewing because I was too nervous that I would screw it up. ha! Thanks Nani!! Looks precious!!

Alex wore this today to his Valentine playgroup party and then to his 9 month well check. We wanted to look extra smart for the "interview" with the Doc. : ) She did say that he was the best dressed patient she had all day. (Yes!) We got to say "yes" to all the skills questions but one- Can he wave goodbye? :( Maybe we can earn extra credit for looking so handsome!
Everything went well with the rest of his checkup except we found out he has his first ear infection. No wonder he has been a fussy mess lately. Poor guy.

6 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

so cute!

Kristen said...

i love that onesie! so cute! you've inspired me to try and get crafty.

Jenny said...

oh the necktie onsie, what a great idea! i love it! i am headed to joann's right now, i am inspired! very proud of you mommy!

J-mee!! said...

You are so creative! I love the onsie!!!! How is everything!? Did you get the invitation to my BLOG?

Kristen said...

I LOVE his tie...what a ladies man!

The Hendry Family said...

How cute!! It's so true, I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas about 3 years ago and attempted to get crafty also. Needless to say, I just sold it on craigslist last week because I had used it only once. Good Luck, hopefully you'll have more drive then I did!!