Thursday, April 28, 2011

12 months

I know yall are like "enough with the birthday" but I am trying to be fair. I am just dragging it out to torture myself. :) but I will use this to catch up and post all the random shots I have of her over the month that I never got around to posting.

Happy Birthday Sweet Eliana!I cannot seem to grasp that my baby girl is one! That it was a year ago that you entered our lives and warmed our hearts. I really can't imagine life without you and I love you dearly. I say that with my whole heart, body, and soul.
You are so special. You are so unique. You are so beautiful. You light up a room when you enter and (as Nani put it) your big blue eyes dance when you smile. You are so precious. You are my baby girl and always will be.

This is my favorite age because you really start to see personality. You love to laugh and think that everything is funny! You really want to join in on the fun that everyone else is having so even though you don't understand, you will laugh too.

You are cutting your four top teeth here at the same time! Wowsers is right! I think they were growing by the minute too! I swear they grew over nap time!

You are still not walking on your own. A few steps here and there but you like to hold on to something. (To be fair this didn't happen till after her birthday)

You love to play peek a boo with a big grin.
When you are beside someone or in their arms, You love to stick your face around in front of them and look closely at them until they look at you. This is a favorite of Daddy's. There really is nothing cuter that you checking something out with full curiosity.
You love to lay your sweet head in my lap. melt. my. heart. I love it.
You like to mimic and do it well. One night at dinner recently, we all tried to snap our fingers, you included. You like to "comb your hair" and "talk on the phone".

You are a good eater! You love to take control and feed yourself. I figured out that you ate much better this way. You LOVE pasta! peaches and green beans! It was hard for me to let go and let you get messy but its been so worth it. I think you will be a much better eater than Alex.
You also will take baby food straight out of the pouch nozzle- its great! Easy, clean, and you are eating good stuff! yea!! And you really seem to eat most everything we give you. For a while you were doing this chipmunk thing where you would shove food in your mouth and keep it in your cheeks. You would keep your lips lock tight and not let us in to get it out. Thankfully this only lasted a few weeks (maybe since you have more teeth now its getting better).

you were in an extra good mood that day


You love to play with brother and he LOVES it! recently, the game of choice is to crawl around and under the kitchen table. You love bath time but just decided that you were done with the bath seat. I mean, screaming fit done! and all you want to do is stand. Your independence came to surprise us all




You love to be outside and play in the climber house. You go in and out and close the door behind you. You just started raising your hand up in the sky while outside too- not sure if you are feeling the wind or what. It sure is cute though!

You have the sweetest lil curl coming in! yay!!
Your stats-
weight: 17 lbs 4.5 oz- less than 5th %...tiny lil bird
Height: 28.5 in- 35th %...you are a few inches shorter than Alex at this age
head: 65th %...big heads run in the fam, sorry hun

our measure board official birthday marking

trying to cheat huh ;)

Kalyn!!

the hair, she is always eying the hair :)this reminded me so much of Alex who also loved to get into the pantry
a typical site for me

and thats a wrap lil stinker butt

6 comments:

Kristen said...

she really is a BEAUTIFUL baby girl! love that last shot!
it is all flying by too fast.

Rob and Leah said...

So cute! She's a tiny little doll. And 65% is not a big head:)

Kristen said...

Great update Mom! Eliana truly is the cutest, sweetest, happiest little girl. I wish we got to see her more often. :( I love the last picture and the one with her hand in the air. Precious! Got your text too with her new outfit. ;) Love it!

Kristen said...

She is the most precious little thing!!! I can't believe she is already one!

Sarah and Eric said...

Wow, she is a gorgeous little girl! What a cute dresser too! She is a little peanut! I love that last picture! Plus the ones of her and Alex, so sweet!

rebekah l. louis said...

i don't think she could be more precious/beautiful!