Monday, September 22, 2008

Game Day and Race Day

Watching the Ags! Whoop!

A little team spirit from Team Isaacson!
Travis ran in a marathon relay race this weekend. He ran one of the 11.1K legs of the race and I am so proud of him. He worked really hard and did well! The team is made up of guys from our bible study small group. The guys have a great time together and have had fun training for the race. The girls did a team too, but I couldn't commit to running this soon, so maybe next time! :( I am ready to start running again and I am going to train for a 5k in November to motivate me. Alex and I did make the trek downtown to cheer Travis and the teams on. It was fun and Alex did really well. It's days like this that make me realize how much we can do!




We recently got a BOB stroller - aka the "Hummer" of strollers (right Shalonda!)- and that makes events like this and exercising so much easier. He is so little in it! but oh so cute! Don't mind the bug eyes- I think he is very intrigued by the camera these days. We have enjoyed using it this last week while Ike kept the temp down to where we could actually get out without risking heat exhaustion :) I love it!

3 comments:

Holly said...

OK, I'm returning your check. It seems the baby stuff has waaay improved in just 7 years. And don't forget, we have a 5k walk here in Houston...Autism Speaks, Walk Now. We are looking for team walkers, and we have shirts to boot!

shalonda said...

hey ill call you soon btw but HELLO?!?!?! dont you love the bob? we got the fat daddy H3 BOB aka the double stroller, lol, but its sitting in our garage in houston just waiting for us to take it for a spin if we ever get power again...

shalonda said...

ps. hook me up with holly i am ready to train for a small run/walk