Tuesday, January 20, 2009

8 Months Old

We are a little late with this one. Sorry, bud. Its been a little hectic around here lately- who am I kidding, its always hectic these days. (And sorry Zachary because I know you have been patiently waiting for this- one of our youngest and most dedicated Team I fans.)

Alex is 8 months old!! As big as he seems, I was reminded that he was in my womb for longer than he has been out. It still blows my mind.

Well, you are a real hoot these days, Alexander. You are all smiles and laughs! It is so fun to play with you! You like to be face to face. You love my songs and dances. You love to be tickled! You love to "wrestle" with Dad. You keep us laughing with all your precious faces.


You are crawling- yes, real crawling!! Well, you just got the hang of it the other day!! Most of the time its an army crawl still though. So you are on the move constantly! We had to get a play yard to contain you so that I could at least eat.




They say the honeymoon is coming to an end and I am starting to see what they mean. Not that you are not a complete joy, but you are getting hard to corral and keep out of trouble.
It started when you learned how to pull up in the crib...

You can now climb and pull yourself up on furniture (or anything in your path really). You love it! You want to climb up and stand all day!! I have been considering some options- bubble wrap your head or keep you in the high chair all day...I know, I don't think either are going to work. You are pretty good at standing up (while holding on to things) but you are still working on transitioning back down smoothly and most likely end up with a sad pouty "that hurt" cry. I love the way that you smile at me when you get up somewhere, like you are sooo proud of yourself. It is sooo sweet.


No more baby bath...you are sitting in the sink. You love to play with your duckie while Daddy bathes you. The splashes are getting pretty big, so tub time is in the near future.


You are doing pretty well in the car. I can go further now without stressing too much. You like to look out the window more and you are pretty good about playing with toys or chewing on your pacifier to keep yourself happy. We got a portable DVD player for christmas (I know, I know...its ridiculous, but you gotta do what you gotta do) and you love to watch it. This helps on out of town trips.

We are working on clapping your hands but you aren't sure of it yet. You just stare at us. Sometimes when you are happy, you will swing your arms around like you might just clap, so maybe soon.

Your gummy smile has changed to a bright white 2 chicklet smile. It will melt your heart- you are a hit at the checkout line! Your top teeth are coming in and are just starting to show. You like to run your tongue over them and smack your lips.


You still wont eat baby food. You really hate it. You only like water. Ha. We even tried apple juice this month and you hated it.

You still wont sleep through the night. Just for the record, most nights its every two or three hours. Yes, I am serious. There were a few nights where you did really well- you were sick and we gave you Benedryl. Can I do that every night?

You do like to cuddle now as you drift off to sleep and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I have been waiting for this with such anticipation and it is just as wonderful as I dreamed. Your soft little head nustled on my shoulder. Your lil body wrapped around me. Can it get any better than that?! You will also give me little hugs sometimes...oh, heaven.


Happy 8 Months Alex!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

oh my gosh, what an awesome documentary of all things alex! i love it cassie! it is so heartwarming to hear about all your motherly feelings and thoughts towards this precious blessing! you are a WONDERFUL mommy cassie!

Rob and Leah said...

Happy 8 Months, Alex! He's so cute! I love reading about what he's been doing lately. The benedryl comment is funny. Can't believe he's mobile!

Sandra said...

OH my gosh! He looks so grown up in his 8 month shot. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is already 8 months old and doing so much. Sure to miss you at school but I think its fabulous that you get to capture all the special moments. Hope to see you soon. If not before schools out we will have to plan some summer get togethers. Miss you Heidi

Kristen said...

Alex is getting so big and cuter every day. I know what you mean about the honeymoon being over! We can't eat dinner while Kenzie plays anymore...she just wants to steal our napkins and eat them!

Carla said...

I can't believe he is already 8 months! Honeymoon period is definately over, but now you will see even more personality. Which means, we will need more videos on the blog!

Kristen said...

Wow! Alex you are getting so big! Cassie, you have set the bar pretty high for monthly updates! I LOVE all the comments and the pictures. My favorite lines are "bubble wrapping his head" and his "two chicklet smile"! And yes, I am reading blogs at work! It is my escape! haha