Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wean, Wean, I'm a Wean-er

Alex is officially weaned. Waa-hoo! I am free! Let me celebrate by eating, drinking, and wearing whatever I want!...Yet, really I am sad at the same time! I will miss our special time together. But we are getting in lots of good cuddle time to make up for it! I am so proud of us both though, for making it through the rough times and I have to thank Travis for making it really possible- he stepped up at bedtime and nighttime to ease the transition. Overall, Alex has done really well and made it pretty easy.
his serious face

14 Months and going going going!
for the record...

He is pointing at things now.
He will sign for "all done" (well, most of the time).
He does his little version of blowing kisses.
He is in the "handing everything to you" stage- just say thank you! and take it
He got his 7th tooth this weekend! I am pretty sure number 8, and maybe his molars, are close behind.
He learned how to climb up the slide and can kind of go down on his own. He only thinks he can go down the big one at the park on his own :)

6 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

yea! drink a 'rita... or 2, 3... for me!

Kristen said...

congratulations!! i know what a tough process it is. good job to you both!

Brandy said...

Congrats! He's getting so big!

Jenny said...

congratulations cassie! i love the title of your post too! gosh, i am proud of you and happy for you!

Carla said...

Congrats to you and Alex! Love the picture in the swing!

Kristen said...

Congratulations you guys!! Alex is getting to be such a big boy!