Saturday, June 4, 2011

Calling all Space Rangers!

We had Alex's party at a jumpy house place and it turned out perfect! Super fun and easy! I think everyone had a great time! Especially Alex....which I was kinda worried about since he sometimes refuses to go in jumpy houses and sometimes he loves them. He was timid but warmed up after a few trips down the slide with Daddy, Papa, and Uncle Chad.

We decided on a Toy Story party because Alex, at the time of planning, was obsessed with Buzz Lightyear. He still loves him, don't get me wrong, but for a while there it was Buzz Mania. It was great to just go to the store and get the party stuff right off the shelf and be done! Including the invites! No fancy shmancyness. :)

So I made a spaceship cake...fancy right?! :) Haha, I know it looks completely kindergarten made but that's the way cakes are supposed to be right?! I learned a lot and I think next years cake will be way better! I had fun with the idea and totally stole it off the internet down to the sparkler candles (that were all hype and not much show, btw) and finished this baby the morning of! whew! :) The red outline is licorice, star sprinkles, and ice cream cone boosters. The Stars are store bought cupcake toppers.

I promised myself (and Travis) to not do any craftiness on this party. Just to keep the stress level to a minimum. So all I did was the name tags on the gift bags. They were easy and I think turned out cute. The bags had fun toy story stuff- the water gun was actually from the dollar store! Score! and bath book from Target dollar spot! love it! mini Slinky dog toy, fruit snacks, and some lollipops.



Alex refused to look at the camera. But these shots are the boys coming out of the pirate ship slide. They all jumped their lil hearts out!





Party peeps



the boys. we invited girls but none could come, so it worked out in the end.a little goodbye group hug. such sweet friends.
Alex really got some REALLY great gifts and he loved them ALL! but his favorite has to be this really cool weed eater. He is really into yard work! Seriously. The key to good weed eating is a wide stance ;)

I love this shot of all the kids, including Ellie, totally checking it out!
Alex loves Uncle Chad so much!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Evan had so much fun!! Thanks for a great party. I may totally steal your idea of making a stress free party for Evan... with this all of a sudden moving thing, I just don't think I can handle anything else! See you Monday!

Spicy Magnolia said...

Looks like it was so much fun! And the cake...wow! Brennan has absolutely LOVED slinky dog. He went all the way to FL and back with us, sleeping with Brennan every night.

Kristen said...

happy birthday alex!!! we are so sad we missed it, but looking forward to seeing you soon.
great job on the cake!!! it is totally awesome!!!

Kristen said...

Looks like a great party...so sad we missed!! I love the cake...it is awesome!

rebekah l. louis said...

fun party! love the boosters on the cake and great family pic!